Today was Day 4 of my half-assed Whole 30. Today was particularly half-assed, as I not only had coffee with creamer and stevia, but I also had soy sauce (which is a no-no too).
Plain eggs were getting a little old, so I jazzed them up with some frozen veggies.
Later, I had a banana with coconut butter.
Lunch was kind of a fail because I went to a sushi restaurant with the IT department. I got sashimi, but I just didn’t want to eat it without soy sauce, so I didn’t. We went to a restaurant that was Korean as well as Japanese and they brought banchan to the table and I ate some of that too. (Bachan is like small little dishes that they bring out at Korean restaurant as an appetizer – there was kimchi, seaweed, potato salad and some other stuff.)
Dinner, was better. We had Green Fajita Chicken (minus the coconut aminos, which we didn’t have, though I wish I did for my lunch) with sauted peppers and onions.
This was actually really good. It needed some salt (probably because we didn’t use the coconut aminos, which are supposed to be like soy sauce) but other than that, delicious and going into the rotation. Despite the jalapeños, it wasn’t spicy.
I had a few dates with almonds for dessert.
1. Aside from the coffee/stevia thing and the soy sauce, it hasn’t been that hard to stay away from non Whole 30 foods. A little sad, yes, but hard, no. Though we’ll see what happens this weekend.
2. I’ve been great about not picking off Alexander’s plate which is something I was terrible at before.
3. I get the strongest sugar cravings right after lunch.
4. My pants fit the same. I weigh the same.
5. I haven’t been snacking just to snack.
6. I am gassy.