off and on

I guess that’s the definition of moderation; sometimes you’re on and sometimes you’re off. I felt like that this week. I ate mostly healthy. Jason and I made burritos on Wednesday night. They consisted of whole wheat tortillas, boca meat with taco seasoning, avocado, olives, pico de gallo, jalapenos, salsa and cheese. I had one and then some extra filing without a tortilla. Pretty tasty. I had bought some beer for the Radiohead concert the next night but we were good and didn’t drink it. I wanted to crack one opened but Jason didn’t want to, so I didn’t. I’m a sucker for peer pressure, whether it be good or bad.

Bueno Burritos:

Jason didn’t have to work on Thursday so he bought some subs from Subway to eat before the show. We hung out at my apartment for a while and then drove down to Lakewood. It took about an hour to get there with all the traffic (both concert traffic and normal Atlanta rush hour). We missed the opening band, The Liars, but no one really minded. At the show, I had a giant Bud Light that was TEN DOLLARS. Yes, ten dollars for crappy domestic beer. The show was good despite the fact that it rained on and off and they didn’t play many of their hits. And that the beer was TEN DOLLARS.

Us at the show:


On Fridays, I normally go to a circuit training class that’s taught by a work friend’s husband who owns a personal training studio. Normally there is about 4-5 people in the class and we move through circuits, doing each exercise for a certain amount of time. This time, it was only me and my friend from work Desiree at the class so Kristian (the trainer) just treated it like a regular personal training class and we did everything for a certain amount of reps. I liked this format better though I’m not sure why. He said that my form has gotten a lot better and that I’ve gotten stronger.

I took a nap after work and then Jason and I met Jamie and Dave at Nam for dinner. We had a bunch of wine and I had the Scallops with beans. They were pretty good. I also had a bite of some sort of crepe appetizer that isn’t listed on the menu. After dinner, we made our way over to The Highlander and then eventually to Andrew’s apartment to hang out.

We didn’t get home until really late but of course, I was up at 9 am. When Jason got up, we went over to Northside Hospital to see Ayse. We couldn’t stay for very long and there was a lactation nurse there at the time and Erin was trying to shield her breasts the whole time. I still can’t believe she has a baby. She was so little!


No gym today. I got a pedicure and some sushi from Whole Foods, took a nap and then made a tortilla pizza for dinner. Today was meh. Not good, not bad. I didn’t do anything horrible (eating or drinking wise) but I didn’t do anything good either. I just kind of vegged. I think I’ll try to go run at the Park tomorrow morning if we can get up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *