This weekend was an overindulgance in all things sugar. Let’s count the sugary things that I ate this weekend:
1. Friday night – shared a tiny key lime pie with my mom at Seasons 52.
2. Saturday morning – had a chai tea latte
3. Saturday night – had frozen yogurt from Yoforia
4. Saturday night – had a bite of Jason’s yogurt from TCBY. (My mom and Jason didn’t like Yoforia (Blasphemy!) so we went to TCBY after I got my yogurt.
5. Sunday afternoon – too many mini merangues from Trader Joe’s.
6. Sunday night – MORE frozen yogurt from TCBY.
And I wonder why I was so tired all weekend!
We made a homeade pizza on Sunday night. We got the whole wheat dough from Trader Joe’s and topped it wtih tomato sauce, mozzarella, goat cheese, spinach, artichokes and a little bit of garlic. The problem that I have with this dough is that it never gets crispy. I don’t know if it’s because I’m baking it on a square pan and not rolling the dough out enough or what, but it always is kind of doughy in the middle. Next time, I might cook the dough for a bit first and then put the toppings on.