This weekend was a good one. Just the right amount of activity and relaxation. Here’s what we did:
• Went to a three year old’s birthday party where I ate three slices of mediocre pizza and then got very annoyed at myself for doing that. Do not go to child’s birthday party hungry. Lesson learned? Until next time, I suppose.
• Went for a 2 mile run.
• Cleaned the house.
• Had our neighbors over for turkey burgers, corn and beer. I’ve probably mentioned this before, our neighbors have a son who is two weeks younger than Alexander. We lived three doors down from one another for like four years without meeting and then we both had, “It’s a boy” balloons hanging from our mailboxes around the same time in winter of last year and we became fast friends.
• Read a little bit of my book. I like Wally Lamb but sometimes I feel like his books have too many storylines. They’re supposed to be somewhat related, but it’s a lot to… keep track of? Probably doesn’t help that I haven’t been reading it regularly.
• Took a nap.
• Went to Stride Rite to get Alexander’s feet measured. Then got annoyed at Stride Rite for not having any of the shoes I wanted for him in his size. Apparently the hard soled shoes, though they come in a size 3, aren’t very popular in that size and the store didn’t have any in stock. I also returned something to Carter’s so it wasn’t a total loss.
• Went for a 2 mile walk. The weather was sort of deceiving. It looked warm and springy out, but it was cold. I’m cold now. Probably because I never showered after my walk.
• Went to sleep before 10 pm. That’s happened every other night this weekend. But somehow it won’t when I need it best, which is tonight.